GITCA BREEDER REFERRAL PROGRAM
The purpose of the Glen of Imaal Terrier Club of America (hereafter referred to as GITCA) is to protect the Glen of Imaal Terrier. It does not exist to sell puppies, but we realize that protecting this breed should include helping puppy buyers find breeders who have agreed to adhere the GITCA Code of Ethics (COE).
GITCA members in good standing who have signed the club's COE may participate in the Breeder Referral Program.
These are the requirements of the Breeder Referral program:
1. The Breeder Referral Program is litter-specific.
2. Each litter will be listed for a maximum period of 4 months.
a. Listing will commence no sooner than when the breeding takes place or no later than 35 days post breeding when pregnancy is confirmed
3. A fee of $25.00 will be paid to GITCA for each listing.
4. All health testing required by the COE must be completed prior to the breeding on both the sire and dam of the litter with no exceptions.
a. Proof of eye examination (CERF) within the past 12 months on the sire and dam.
b. Proof of hip testing (OFA or Pennhip) on the sire and dam
c. Proof of crd3 status of sire and dam through either Optigen or Bochum . The breeding must not be capable of producing crd3 affected offspring.
d. GITCA strongly encourages breeders to obtain Canine Health Information Center IDs on all breeding stock.
5. All required documentation and fees must be provided to the GITCA's Board appointed referral contact person before any referrals will be given out.